Friday, March 4, 2011

And So On...

Throughout my time spent in Bosa and abroad in general, I hope to be introduced to new fun activities. The aforementioned bucket list will be amended time and time again. Maybe by listing them to the public at large, others might be inspired as I am to give it the old college effort. Today’s amendment was introduced to me a couple weeks ago but never was thought of again. As I was doing birthday shopping with Silvia and Nahima for her little friends party, the cute girl behind the counter asked me in good English, “have you ever surfed before?” Taken back that someone in this town spoke English, I blurted out gibberish, but turns out I said yes through the sounds I made. She then told me that she there is a kite surfing school there during the summer that I could attend. At this point I was getting over the shock of speaking to a local and was able to comprehend what she was saying. Lets analyze what her offer was. She wants to take me to a school to learn how to use a kite. I love kites. Who doesn’t? Not very good at it, but am willing to learn. She also wants to teach me how to surf. Sure I am pretty pro at it since I have done it a grand total of 3 times in my life, but a little de-rusting couldn’t hurt. Now combine them. This sounds like a multi tasker’s dream. I get to stand on a board surfing and flying a kite? Well, miss shop keeper, challenge excepted and one more bucket list item to add and check off. Shakira will not be able to resist me.

Moral of the story, rapping isn’t for all of us, neither is wrapping…

No comments:

Post a Comment