Thursday, March 3, 2011

Keelin Over

Today I started to create my bucket list. I do not believe there should be a certain age to figure out things you want to do before the ticker stops ticking. I like to think of it as my grocery list for life. A few tomatoes with a loaf of parachuting would make a great life salad. So far I have only thought of a few things that have made it. 1st of all I want to make an instructional video on how to move hips like Shakira. This would then introduce me to Shakira and thus making me her husband. A more realistic activity on the list is to do actual rock climbing. I have done wall climbing and struggled terribly at it. Turns out german farm boys weren’t taught climbing technique when throwing hay bales around. But I want to go out into the wilderness and really have some fun in nature. The other activity that was introduced to me today was slack lining. For those of you who do not know what slack lining is, it is taking 2 elevated points and connecting a rope to them. The game is not to see if you connect the ropes to the points, but to walk across it. During my tenure at the U of A I saw slack lining done on a regular basis as I walked to my car. This is an account of what went through my mind whenever I saw someone taking part. “Barney would not survive in the Jurassic era…Oh its them again. Only hippies do that silly sport. I bet they smell like hippies. YES, it looks like he is about to fall…FALL. Dang it, he made it.” But then deep in my gut all I wanted to do was go over there like a 5 year old and say “MY TURN MY TURN!”. It was today that my perception of the entire hippie sport world was colored in gold. Michael bought a magazine about slack lining at the market. I was trying to comprehend the Italian articles, but it was useless, the pictures appealed to all ADD that I had in me. Men and women walking on ropes across beautiful canyons smiling. Which the smiling affect is unfair. Nearly anyone can get me to want what they are selling with the smiling affect. Someone smiling while being amputated. They are having fun, sign me up, how many limbs can I get rid of. Well, seeing these gleeful people doing this activity instant made me realize I now have something to do with Shakira.
Moral of the story, when it rains, it pours, either way a pancho will keep you dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment