Monday, January 3, 2011

Prelude

Like every good novel, there is an introduction to the author and some background knowledge to the inspiration behind his/her work. Instead of a novel there will be a blog, and instead of work there is documented travel and discovery. The similarity lies within the inspiration.

Nearly 2 years ago I had graduated from the U of A and decided to throw myself into the wind and find where that took me. Luckily for me the wind stopped somewhere in Madrid and threw me around to most countries within Europe. Though times felt lonely, I had developed what every traveler learns for survival purposes; making best friends instantly. Roommates soon become slumber party members, the person at the computer next to you develops into a life long friend, and facebook posts triple in quantity and quality. So after many travels, it was time for me to go back home.

Nearly a week after I was home, I was convinced by my girlfriend to come live with her in Australia. I swear she used inception, because after that idea was planted in my mind, it was dangerous and not leaving. It was only 3 months later that I was on a plane going across the Pacific to see what down under had in store. I had very much enjoyed my time in Australia finding fantastic friends I met at gymnastics, taking in the sun with the GF and doing introspective thinking.

Southeast Asia was the next adventure that led me to start appreciating all that I have and all I want to do to help the world. I feel like I am in debt to karma with the good fortune that I have been blessed with. The travel bug mixed with the super hero complex has left me moving to Italy to find out more about myself and what I want to do. I am to be thrown in to the world as a lamb and to come out a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment