Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Asian Sensation

If you recall my complaining on an earlier post about directions that Hostel owners give in Norway, I had another similar experience. I took the late flight from Alghero at 10:35 and arrived in Girona just an hour or so later. I didn’t really feel like taking a bus all the way to Barcelona while not sleeping and building up my crankiness. Instead I booked a hostel for cheap in Girona for the night. I got the email with directions to the hostel but did not look at it until I landed. Midnight had fallen upon me when I read the email that said, “it is a 10 minute walk from the bus station. Just follow the signs to the Catalunya plaza”. I got on the bus to the station and kept reading it as if a hiding meaning might pop out from betwixt the words.
After my half an hour drive I got off the bus and looked around for signs. I must have looked like a dog chasing his tail with how many circles I was making. Usually when I am in despair I would just go into the closest shop and tell them the name and start pointing in all directions as if to say which one is right. Most people can understand what I mean when I do this sporadic movement. But at 1 oclock at night on the eve of Easter, not a single person is stirring, only the mice. It was up to me to start walking in random directions to discover any kind of hint. I was extremely lucky to go down the street that would eventually lead me to the hostel.
After I signed into the hostel a little confusion occurred that caused a big fuss. I am not one that likes to make enemies, but when I am tired please don’t mess with me. I got my room and bed assignment for the dorm. I was sleeping in room 6 bed 4. Got it. I go into the pitch black room and close the door. Ahh pitch black, good thing I can’t see the beds or the other peoples luggage. I turn on my itouch to shine some light on the situation and of course what do I do but point it right into someones sleeping face. After much confusion I found my bed and almost threw all my stuff on it when in the silhouette I saw a figure of a person snoozing away in the comfort of my comforts. I didn’t want to play games and I was extremely cranky. So I did what any grown man or 4 year old would do, I went and told on him. I felt guilty for about 30 seconds when the manager busted in the room and woke everyone up wondering who is suppose to be in what bed. Lights went out and I snuck in and took my bed…

Moral of the story, if you are asian, learn 1 through ten so you wont be woken up because you choose the wrong bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment