Sunday, April 10, 2011

Warm My Cold Cold Heart...

Before I left for Norway I still needed a jacket in the morning and night to fend off the cold. Over the three days gone someone turned the summer switch on. The mornings and evenings are pleasant with a long sleeve shirt and whatever form of leg covering clothes(shorts or pants). The day reminds me of the days in Tucson with the heat of the sun and feeling that radiation filling your skin with light to create darkness. A tell tale sign of how quickly summer is coming is the number of people sun bathing on the beach. The day I left for Norway there were about 10 people including myself on a stretch of beach approximately half a mile long. Yesterday I went for a run and the number had jumped to 30. Today I went with Silvia and the kids to a birthday party and there must have been 200 people scattered through the beach. The water is still a bit chilly and takes your breath away, but still fun to go into.
I took a little stroll around the beach while the kids were playing get each other wet while in the water. Now if you have ever had a stereotype in your head about Europeans and how they act at the beach or wear, I promise I have seen it all today. I am not much of a speedo man myself, but the men here really let it all hang out. I talked to the father of the kid having a part while he was in his speedo. It was a good talk except he doesn’t understand the concept of American personal space when tight underwear is involved. If he got any closer to me we would have been in an embrace. The women on the other hand are laying on their towels as women do on beaches. Except on these beaches I have seen more women comfortable with forgetting their tops and slipping the small cloth that covers the butt into the butt. The problem with this is that quite a few of them women that try to pull this off really should use that little cloth as directed and should probably remember where they put their top. It really does seem apparent that people are very comfortable with themselves when it comes to public displays of “oh my god put that away”s.

Moral of the story, shake what your momma gave ya, and your momma…

No comments:

Post a Comment