Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weegee Board...

Due to the fact that by going out and experiencing the Oslo would have cracked my bank in half, I made the decision to do what was free. So I sat in the hostel and walk about the town while watching the people. It wasn’t the most illuminating experience I ever had, but it did eat up 3 days and minimized casualties on my debit card. I didn’t think I was gonna miss Bosa so much, but when I was cold, hungry and bored I knew how good I actually had it on the paradise islands. It takes little trips like that for one to realize what others know so well already. My roommate lived in Italy and even asked with major emphesis “Why are you even here then?”. Good question, considering the main purpose of my flight was to get out of the EU so that I could renew my travelers visa and they didn’t even do that. I am just going to have to keep my flight papers on me until I leave for Turkey with the rents’.
Something that has caught me off guard since I moved to Italy then took my trip is the hand gestures. I got so use to hand waves, hand swipes, arm lifts and arm drags in Bosa. At first I just thought everyone was a wizard and were casting spells but as a culture, they love dramatic effect. Nothing is more dramatic to say good morning then a song and dance that Italian arms do. So when I got to Norway when people didn’t take part in such theatrics, I just figured what they said probably wasn’t important if you can’t even raise an arm to say it. Nothing anyone said would have been important then. So I took a closer look and they had a different dramatic effect that was unique to Norwegians. You know how in movies, the hero is driving around in his beat up old car and on the dash is a little baseball player with a bobble head(if there is no movie like that, then use your imagination). Well, from the amount of time I spent watching the weegees(Norwegians), their neck is actually made up of springs that fling their head side to side. It is kind of a subtle, but when conversations get a little more heated, the heads bobble just a bit more. So I guess if you are a hero and have no room for a figurine on your dash, just get a weegee and your quota is set.

Moral of the story, why wash your body, it will just get dirty again…

No comments:

Post a Comment