Sunday, April 3, 2011

Do you? I Do!

As advertised I am on my way to see where a quarter of my blood comes from. My handsome looks are a mix of German, Norwegian, and other. What other I am, I like to sprinkle a bit of everything in there. Helps with applications process when they ask for my race. Depending on the mood I will choose African, Persian, Indian, or Ninja Turtle. Michael drove me an hour to the airport so that I didn’t have to take the bus. On the way I wasn’t sure what to ask him, so I got personal and intruded on his history. He has been complaining that Kurt and I will go wild in the next few weeks if we don’t feel the touch of a woman. “So Michael, how did you go about talking to women?”. He gave his German smile and said that he use to be very shy and would wait for women to talk to him. He also said that they never came to him, so he was just like every other man out there that is standing on the sidelines holding the wall up. He said that when he was just a little older then I was he started gaining the confidence to talk to women. I could see there was no real gems of advice he was going to offer about this timeless quandary.
I then asked how he first talked to his wife Silvia. He gave that grin that told me I was in for a doozy. He told me that Silvia had a Japanese friend who was into mysticism and was foretelling that she would meet a bald blue eyed man with a gold earring. Michael on the other side was telling me that she had entered his dreams before they had laid their gaze. It was in India that Michael was in a hotel. She walked in and there was very intense eye contact between them. Later that day at dinner time he was sitting only a few table away from her again engaging in the equivalent to footsies but with eyes. Then straight out of a movie, she got up and walked over to him and pulled out a cigarette and asked if he had a light. Again they did not talk much after that. It wasn’t until a day later when both were sitting in a garden within close proximity that she came up to him and offered him some papaya. They started talking and shared the papaya right there. She pulled off a little necklace that had a bag at the end of it and handed it to him. She then told him it was a meteorite and that she wanted him to have it. The next day they got married and have been living happily for 17 years. You don’t need to believe in love at first site, but mysticism is too legit to quit.

Moral of the story, if you are thinking something, say it. Who needs a filter, whats the worse that can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment