Friday, February 18, 2011

Touchè

I had mentioned in a previous posting that raining days are spent with as much productivity as checking facebook. Sure it is good to know who the next internet Susan Boyle is going to be, but in reality it just doesn’t matter. Well my mind told me, “Brian, go out and take care of some business. AND TAKE SHOWER.” I did as the boss said and took a shower. These are pretty quick due to the fact it holds only a small portion of hot water. Three minutes of hot water is maximum before you start getting the glacier water. Good thing I am a man and only shower once a month. No I do it more. Twice a month. I got dressed and got my back pack, laptop, music, extra pair of shorts that I didn’t feel like taking out of the bag and headed out. It was just about 10 seconds out of the door I remember why I don’t leave the house on raining days. Watching me would be like watching Disney On Ice. And instead of Disney you get me. Instead of Ice you get slippery rocks and slippery stairs. Instead of skating you get me falling on my bottom. I don’t know if I am top heavy, bottom heavy or just overall heavy, but for some reason on rainy days gravity works harder. The earth just says I am gonna pull down on you a bit more than usual then yank you down when you are off balance. Touche earth… This same phenomenon happened in Athens when I walked about on their marble streets. I walked around like a 90 year old woman. I guess my moral of the story is don’t walk in rain, earth has pranks to pull on me.

Moral of the story, don’t mess with Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment